Free message board, discussion forum, online community for techies in South Africa

programmers, message board, freelance developers, South Africa
techies.co.za Forum Index

a free bulletin board, forum, online community for techies based in South Africa

techies.co.za Forum Index -> Home Entertainment ->  Satellite

Satellite

Settings on DSTV 990 Decoder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mashist

PostPosted: Fri 16 Jun 2006 23h03    Post subject: Settings on DSTV 990 Decoder Reply with quote

Cool Satellite company just finished installing Decoder 990 and Elsat dish. I am able to see only God Channel but cannot see, other channels.

I have used Freg 12682, sybmbol rate 26657, FEC 1/2 and Polarisation Horizontal, but still to no avail. The same type of decorder is working for my neighbour dish, but neighbour decoder is unable to work on my dish. What could be a problem?

I have checked all info but to no avail. When I scan network nothing happens for new channels, also for sentech, mindset,jet etc I am still struggiling.

I set all this for my neighbour DSTV and they were working, but for my decoder they are not. the problem does not seem to lie on decoder, because i swapped them around but still the problem exists. Satellite company say they only make sure multichoice channels are recieved!!!

Thanks
Tg

pierre975

PostPosted: Fri 16 Jun 2006 23h55    Post subject: Reply with quote

series 4 and series 5 smartcards, maybe......?

This year, I imigrated out of SA, I sold the old cripple house, got married, expecting a baby girl, bought a brand new house (still building it), bought a brand new doublecab (got it 12-12-2012).......

Quite an expensive year this was.......
mashist

PostPosted: Sat 17 Jun 2006 14h08    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 SERIES SMARTCARD

pierre975

PostPosted: Sat 17 Jun 2006 18h31    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently the series 5 smartcards are running a new encription system...

This year, I imigrated out of SA, I sold the old cripple house, got married, expecting a baby girl, bought a brand new house (still building it), bought a brand new doublecab (got it 12-12-2012).......

mulder

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun 2006 22h41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smartcard does not have anything to do with not recieving the signal.
The frequency 12682 H sr/26657 is on PAS 10 and your dish propably needs some tweaking.Also check the LNB skew.
The signal on this freq is 40% weaker than DSTV on PAS 7.You should recieve the following broadcasts on this freq:
ViewAfrica Network
Al-Manar TV
Daystar TV
LoveWorld
Divine Truth Broadcasting
Thy Kingdom Come
DoveVision US
Emmanuel TV
JCTV
TKC
Genesis

pierre975

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun 2006 23h06    Post subject: Reply with quote

mulder wrote:
The smartcard does not have anything to do with not recieving the signal.
The frequency 12682 H sr/26657 is on PAS 10 and your dish propably needs some tweaking.Also check the LNB skew.
The signal on this freq is 40% weaker than DSTV on PAS 7.You should recieve the following broadcasts on this freq:
ViewAfrica Network
Al-Manar TV
Daystar TV
LoveWorld
Divine Truth Broadcasting
Thy Kingdom Come
DoveVision US
Emmanuel TV
JCTV
TKC
Genesis

True, but keep in mind that if you are running a new encription system on your smartcard, you'll need to update the software on your decoder as well, and if it is true, multichoice could just as well have blocked PAS 10, or certain channels, or even Bestv smartcards.........

This way, the new contender, bestv, can not sell their product on the fact that you can use the multichoice decoder, and lets face it, you won't go and splash some more cash on another set top box, so that will leave bestv to supply the decoders free of charge, thus facing possible liquidity before even broadcasting the first channel.

Simple chinese maths that makes the S.5 smartcard a viable option........

mulder

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun 2006 23h42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its true.
Multichoice do prevent us from entering certain frequencies on the DSD 990's.Especially the ones with low symbol rates.
You may enter a transponder freq on your DSD 990 today and when you check it tomorrow it's gone.
BESTV uses Conax encryption system so there is no way that you can watch it on the DSTV decoders.Irdeto and conax seems to be the most secure SATTV encryption system at the moment.

pierre975

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jun 2006 05h05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some talk about using the irdeto 2 encription system as well, for the existing mchoice customers. That way we would have been able to use our current system with another smartcard to receive bestv. Needless to say, monopolychoice did not want to play well with the new kid, and imediately forced an update to prevent this.

Sad hey.........

mashist

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jul 2006 09h20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the problem was Freq set to default of 10700 and we changed it to 10600

pierre975

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jul 2006 14h06    Post subject: Reply with quote

What channels do you get at that frequency? It should be 12682.........

mashist

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jul 2006 16h55    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Lnb Hi Freq 10600. Yes 12682(FREQUENCY) is correct for. Only Lnb Hi freq was changed from 10700 to 10600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    techies.co.za Forum Index -> Satellite All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: