Free message board, discussion forum, online community for techies in South Africa

programmers, message board, freelance developers, South Africa
techies.co.za Forum Index

a free bulletin board, forum, online community for techies based in South Africa

techies.co.za Forum Index -> Home Entertainment ->  Satellite

Satellite

DSTV cards & keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gotcha

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2004 14h32    Post subject: DSTV cards & keys Reply with quote

Does anybody know what kind of smartcard DSTV uses? As it would be easy to clone a working card and get the hex keys from a working card. But I need to know what kind of smartcard they use.

ZX

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2004 15h37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we're talking theoretically or for educational purposes otherwise I don't think this conversation can be allowed on Techies.

Gotcha

PostPosted: Thu 21 Oct 2004 12h11    Post subject: Reply with quote

But of course it is only for educational purposes, I am very interested in how it works and what happens how all the data comes together, the signals that gets send, and and and.

commissar

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct 2004 10h57    Post subject: Reply with quote

first you need to get a decoder that has a removable cam(the "smartcard" reader). its the cam that does the decrypting of the signal, using the data(keys) on the smartcard. dstv uses iderto2 cam. but you will also need a card programmer, and then you still need to find the correct decryption keys somewhere. all this isn't cheap seeing that you cant easily find this kind of hardware in sa, and have to import it from either us or uk. but if you can mange to get all this, why bother with dstv anyway? they air a bunch of crap. theres alot of other signals flying around, and some of them isn't even encrypted Wink

Gotcha

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct 2004 11h29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what kind of smartcard DSTV uses. Like Smartcard,Jupiter,Goldwafer..................???

commissar

PostPosted: Fri 29 Oct 2004 09h20    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sorry. but if you get a cam, theres usualy a compatible card for it which you can program to your liking. if you get a decent cam and card, I dont think you'll have trouble getting it to work for dstv. but you are gonna struggle to find the correct keys, I can promise you that. check out this site for some of the popular cams

http://magic-cam-matrix-cam.no-ip.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    techies.co.za Forum Index -> Satellite All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: