Free message board, discussion forum, online community for techies in South Africa

programmers, message board, freelance developers, South Africa
techies.co.za Forum Index

a free bulletin board, forum, online community for techies based in South Africa

techies.co.za Forum Index -> Home Entertainment ->  TV

TV

CONNECTING 2 TV SETS TO DSTV DECODER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodd

PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov 2006 11h07    Post subject: CONNECTING 2 TV SETS TO DSTV DECODER Reply with quote

GUYS, CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN GO ABOUT CONNECTING TWO TVs TO NORMAL SINGLE-VIEW DSTV DECODER USING RF CABLE OR AV CABLES.

MY SECOND QUESTION, CAN A WINFAST TV TUNER WORK WITH A DSTV DECODER, I MEAN, CAN I WATCH DSTV VIA TV TUNER CARD AND BE ABLE TO RECORD SHOWS FROM DSTV?

THANKS
Dodd from Bloemfontein

ZX

PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov 2006 11h23    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to connect two TV's to a single-view decoder. But, they will both get exactly the same feed from the decoder. To do this, you can use either RF or AV cable. Just get a splitter for the cable (you can buy this at most supermarkets even).

It is also possible to connect the decoder to a TV card. The TV card will see exactly what a TV would have seen. No more, no less. Again, use either RF or AV cable - whichever the TV card accepts.

As for the recording, it would be STRONGLY advisable to invest in a Hauppage PVR150 TV card. The Winfast TV2000 cards work nicely, but they do not have hardware encoding capability meaning that ALL the video compression work will be done by your CPU risking lost frames (especially on older sub 2GHz single core machines but not limited to them).

patrick

PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov 2006 13h53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if you want to watch tv you'll need a hardware compression card, the 150pvr is pretty much the standard, i have one, works really well, clearer picture than my standard tv.

Dodd

PostPosted: Sun 26 Nov 2006 12h48    Post subject: Reply with quote

WORDS OF THANKS

THANK YOU GUYS. YOU HAVE REALLY HELPED ME. I AM GOING TO INSTALL THE TV TUNER CARD AND BUY THE RF SPLITTER TO CONNECT. THE PC (TUNER CARD TO MY DECODER) IN LESOTHO.

FMaree

PostPosted: Sun 26 Nov 2006 13h28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodd, please don't type your messages in upper case. it is regarded as shouting. Smile

Thanks, and welcome to techies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    techies.co.za Forum Index -> TV All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: