Free message board, discussion forum, online community for techies in South Africa

programmers, message board, freelance developers, South Africa
techies.co.za Forum Index

a free bulletin board, forum, online community for techies based in South Africa

techies.co.za Forum Index -> Home Entertainment ->  Multichoice PVR

Multichoice PVR

to connecting 2 tv sets to a single dstv decoder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrem

PostPosted: Thu 07 Aug 2008 00h19    Post subject: to connecting 2 tv sets to a single dstv decoder Reply with quote

hi can any one tell me how to connect 2 tv sts to a single dvd decoder. i have a two way splitter and cable but i cant get picture or sound on my 2nd tv set. plse help

KobusL

PostPosted: Thu 07 Aug 2008 09h58    Post subject: Re: to connecting 2 tv sets to a single dstv decoder Reply with quote

andrem wrote:
hi can any one tell me how to connect 2 tv sts to a single dvd decoder. i have a two way splitter and cable but i cant get picture or sound on my 2nd tv set. plse help

I am assuming you mean "DSTV" decoder?

How are you trying to connect the TVs, via RF (the normal aerial cable) or AV (the 3 wires, yellow, red and white)? Which decoder do you have?

ShaneW

PostPosted: Thu 07 Aug 2008 21h20    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would connect your coax (aerial cable) from the 'RF out'of the decoder to the input of the splitter. then the 2 TVs would be connected to the 2 outputs of the splitter.

You could also connect the TV where the decoder is(1st TV) via AV (red, white and yellow) into the AV input of the TV, and then run the coax cable straight from the RF out of the decoder to the 2nd TV, without the splitter. the drawback of this is that if you have an aerial into your decoder for the SABC channels, you wont get them on your 1st TV.

If the DSTV is working on your 1st TV at the moment via RF (to watch DSTV you push a channel number and NOT the TV/AV button) then there must either be a problem with your splitter (which I doubt), cable (check for bad bends or serious cuts) or what its more likely to be is your connectors or connections.
Keep in mind that if 1 single tiny strand of the outer braiding of the cable touches the inner copper centre, you could lose signal totally.if in doubt, redo all of them

Hope this helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    techies.co.za Forum Index -> Multichoice PVR All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: