Free message board, discussion forum, online community for techies in South Africa

programmers, message board, freelance developers, South Africa
techies.co.za Forum Index

a free bulletin board, forum, online community for techies based in South Africa

techies.co.za Forum Index -> Home Entertainment ->  Multichoice PVR

Multichoice PVR

HD-PVR instruction manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steynja

PostPosted: Tue 12 Aug 2008 15h09    Post subject: HD-PVR instruction manual Reply with quote

I have a HD-PVR installed through a local Multichoice dealer. I however did not get an instruction manual with my decoder. I am not familiar with al the PVR functions, capabilities and usage thereoff. Do someone know if there is a link available for the download of the user manual? I have searched on the Pace and DSTV website, but cannot find anything. Any help will be appreciated.

FMaree

PostPosted: Tue 12 Aug 2008 19h54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could ask the installers for the manual.

steynja

PostPosted: Wed 13 Aug 2008 11h33    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that there is no detail manual at the moment. I recieved this reply back from MultiChoice:

The basic manual (which comes with the box) is now online, but offers no user info at all.

The main reason is that the user interface is changing and will be significantly different by the end of the year.

Putting a manual that will be outdated so quickly into the decoder is seen as wasteful.

Adding information on features that are not available yet will set expectations that could backfire, so in the end things are being kept as basic as possible for now.

Please visit the forums on www.dstv.com (there’s a wealth of information) or alternatively to contact us at fieldtrials@multichoice.co.za.

FMaree

PostPosted: Wed 13 Aug 2008 11h38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes also true. They probably had to rush the decoder out to get it ready for the HD launch that they had to cut stuff from the pvr to get it out in time. They will probably add those things in afterwards and make it available via a software/firmware update they send out over the air. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you want to be the first to have it. It's like beta testing. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    techies.co.za Forum Index -> Multichoice PVR All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: